Can be made safe for allergies to dairy, soy, egg, peanut, tree nut, gluten
Recipe courtesy of Janet Gole, author of Food Allergy Free Desserts to Go
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or substitute*
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
*Substitute dairy-free margarine or butter according to your allergy needs
- Pour popcorn into a large, buttered rectangular pan.
- Butter a medium sized pan.
- Add the sugar, butter and corn syrup and cook over low heat stirring often.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until mixture is soft and thick.
- Add vanilla, salt, and ginger and mix well.
- Pour over popcorn and stir until coated.
- Cool and break into pieces with a fork.